Transition to Teaching graduate's classroom

Reciprocal State Licenses

Reciprocity agreements amongst states make it easier for Indiana licensed teachers to become licensed in another state. However, some states only issue a temporary license while the out-of-state license holder completes additional requirements and an application. Click on the links below to review each state’s process as it pertains to out-of-state license holders.

Alabama Alaska
Arizona Arkansas
California Colorado
Connecticut Delaware
District of Columbia Florida
Georgia Hawaii
Idaho Illinois
Iowa Kansas
Kentucky Louisiana
Maine Maryland
Massachusetts Michigan
Minnesota Mississippi
Missouri Montana
Nebraska Nevada
New Hampshire New Jersey
New Mexico New York
North Carolina North Dakota
Ohio Oklahoma
Oregon Pennsylvania
Rhode Island South Carolina
South Dakota Tennessee
Texas Utah
Vermont Virginia
Washington West Virginia
Wisconsin Wyoming