English Sub-page Identifier Image

ECO 201 Principles of Microeconomics (3 credits)

Course Description

An introduction to microeconomics, emphasizing decision making by individual producers and consumers. Consequences of such decisions for efficiency of resource use and income distribution in a capitalistic economy are studied.

Learning Results

Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
• Describe the main characteristics of the market system
• Define and apply the concepts of supply and demand to current economic issues
• Define and apply methods of price determination
• Define and apply consumer choice theory
• Improve written communication skills
• Develop an understanding of and be able to articulate differences in market forces and market variations
• Identify and define the main characteristics of the four basic market models
• Identify the differences between an invention, an innovation and technological diffusion
• Be able to articulate a view of economics from a Christian worldview

Textbooks

This course uses an eText (Economics Today: The Micro View 17e) as part of Pearson’s My Econ Lab. You will purchase access to both My Econ Lab and the eText once you've been enrolled. Details are posted in Blackboard. For those that prefer a hard copy, there is also an option within the course to purchase the printed materials at a discount.

Learning Documentation

This course consists of 14 module tests and a Christian Economics Worldview paper.

Learning Evaluation

The module tests are worth 80% of the grade and the paper makes up the other 20 percent of the final grade.

Order Textbooks

Textbooks are not included in the cost of tuition. Click to find a complete list of textbooks. For your convenience, each book is linked to where it's sold on Amazon, though you are welcome to purchase books from the vendor of your choosing.